Darwin is the capital of the Northern Territory in Australia. It is the biggest city in the pitifully populated Northern Territory. Darwin is the smallest of the Australian cities and also the city was at first a pioneer station. The closeness to South East Asia makes it a fundamental Australian entry to countries, for instance, Indonesia and East Timor. The Stuart Highway begins in Darwin, completing at Port Augusta in Southern Australia. Darwin is furthermore a beautiful place to visit with picturesque views.
Population Of Darwin In 2018:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Darwin in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –136,200
2. 2014 –140,400
3. 2015 –142,300
4. 2016 –145,804
5. 2017 – 147,804
Predicting the 2018 population of Darwin is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 3000 people. Hence, the population of Darwin in 2018 is forecast to be 147,804 + 3000 = 150,804. So, the population of Darwin in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 150,804.
Darwin Population 2018 –150,804. (estimated)
Demography Of Darwin:
Its populace is noticeable for the most astonishing population of Indigenous Australians of any capital city of the country. In the 2006 appraisal, 9.7% of its population was actually aboriginal. The population went for a change after the Second World War. In 2006, the biggest ancestry group in Darwin was, Australian of 37%, English 25%, Scottish 9.2%, Irish 7.8% and Italian 2%.
Population Density And Growth Of Darwin:
Darwin has a population density of 930 persons per square kilometre. Its masses grew by 2.2% in the year 2013-14, making it the second-quickest growth rate of all state capitals. With headway rate of 2.6 percent for consistently, this city is viewed as one of the fastest growing places inside Australia.
Facts About Darwin:
1. A gigantic bit of Darwin’s history is that it has been the home of various flying pioneers. It was in like manner a check point for the London Melbourne Centenary Air Race in 1934. The Darwin Aviation Heritage Center offers tourists and local individuals alike a view into this bewildering and intriguing history of the port city of Darwin.
2. The World Solar Challenge is a sun based powered auto race that spread 3,021 km which in the entire separation of the territory of Australia. The race attracts contenders from all over the world and individuals come in gatherings to test their innovative cars in this famous race.
3. Charles Darwin National Park is named after Charles Darwin, the prominent researcher who built up the possibility of Darwinism. This park is a phenomenal zone for anyone to spend a day, end of the week, or impressively more together for a good time.
4. Reliably since 1974, the Darwin Beer Can Regata is held at Mindil Beach. People gather vessels out of mix jugs, containers, and deplete containers in the trusts that they will float in the water. This event is supplemented by different challenges to make an exciting event that everyone can have fun.
5. The annual Darwin Festival is another staple of Darwin.