Hervey Bay is a city located in Queensland, Australia. The city is situated about 290 kilometres or 3½ hours road drive north of the state capital, Brisbane. It is a trademark bay between the Queensland domain and close-by Fraser Island. The economy relies upon tourism which is based in a general sense around whale seeing in Platypus Bay to the North, access to Fraser Island and calm shorelines with wide undeveloped foreshore zones. The inlet draws in a ton of vacationers from inside Australia and outside. At the 2011 Census, the city recorded masses of 48,680. It is a region of high population development. The city has an average age of 45, generally higher than the national average, which is currently at 37.
Talking about the climate, the city has a subtropical weather. Temperatures extend from 14 to 23 degrees during winter and 22 to 29 degrees in summer.
Population Of Hervey Bay In 2018:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Hervey Bay in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –50,783
2. 2014 –51,800
3. 2015 –52,288
4. 2016 – 52,788
5. 2017 – 53,388
Predicting the 2018 population of Hervey Bay is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 580 people. Hence, the population of Hervey Bay in 2018 is forecast to be 53,388 + 580 = 53,968. So, the population of Hervey Bay in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 53,968.
Hervey Bay Population 2018 – 53,968. (estimated)
Demography Of Hervey Bay:
In 2008, the city was the snappiest growing division in the country. Data records predict the number of occupants in Hervey Bay will increase to 102,000 out in the year 2026. 91.7% of people living in Hervey Bay convey in English. The other most spoken languages are, 0.7% German, 0.3% Dutch, 0.2% Italian, and 0.1% Hindi. 77.7% of the people living in the locale of Hervey Bay were born in the country itself. Alternate settlers are 7.2% United Kingdom, 3.5% New Zealand, 0.3% India, 0.3% United States of America, and 0.2% Canada.
Population Density And Growth Of Hervey Bay:
The population density stays at 22.17 persons per square kilometer. Hervey Bay grew from 35,392 people in 2001 to 49,948 in the year 2011. This was an advancement of 14,556 people. The population went from only 30,000 of 1991 to around 54,500 of the year 2006. Examples show this growth rate. It is expected that this growth rate will continue in the years to come.
Facts About Hervey Bay:
1. In September 1977 the joined towns were declared the Town of Hervey Bay and the region were finally named a city in February 1984.
2. A beautiful 3 ½ hour’s drive north of Brisbane and only 45 minutes through air from Brisbane, Hervey Bay is an easily accessible travelling destination.
3. The city has a grand subtropical weather. Temperatures extend from 14 to 23 degrees during winter and 22 to 29 degrees in summer.
4. In the 1870s, various Scandinavian explorers moved into the region and for a short traverse, Hervey Bay got the opportunity to be known as Aarlborg. At the present time, the zone was basically used for dairy cultivating.
5. The principle invariable white pioneer at Hervey Bay was Boyle Martin, he and his life partner and adolescent arrived in 1863. He was the primary individual to create sugar stick in the territory.