Mackay is a city located on the eastern shore of Queensland, Australia. It is nicknamed the sugar capital of Australia since its locale delivers over 33% of the country’s honest sweetener. It has a lot to offer for those into ea food and in the event that you are crazy about prawns and shrimps, you should experiment with the diverse sorts of sea food provided here.
There is dispute about the zone of the area for administrative purposes, with most implying it as a part of Central Queensland or North Queensland. The range which is presently Mackay City was at first possessed by the Yuibera people.
It has the traits of a modern city with a history. There are more than 250 shops and organizations in the city, including banks and hotels. Additionally, the city is also well known for its spectacular views and amazing attractions for people.
Population Of Mackay In 2018:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Mackay in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –84,400
2. 2014 –85,000
3. 2015 –85,455
4. 2016 –86,155
5. 2017 –86,925
Predicting the 2018 population of Mackay is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 700 people. Hence, the population of Mackay in 2018 is forecast to be 86,925 + 700 = 87,625. So, the population of Mackay in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 87,625.
Mackay Population 2018 –87,625. (estimated)
Demography Of Mackay:
The religious mix of the city is 28.5% Catholic, 20.8% No religion, 14.5% Religious affiliation not communicated, 1.8 Hinduism, 1.5% Christian and about 1.4% Baptist. 70.1% of the overall public living in Mackay are past 15 years of age and who recognise as being in the work drive are used full time and the city has an unemployment rate of 4.9%.
Population Density And Growth Of Mackay:
The populace thickness is about is 2897 persons per square kilometre. The population growth is on an upward route with an estimate of 56% addition in the amount of people living in the area in the accompanying 20 years, as demonstrated by the latest figures released. Examination of new Australian Statistics data exhibits the area’s population developed by 27,098 people from the year 2004 to 2014.
Its population is expected to grow from 182,000 people in 2014 to 284,200 in 2036, with its economy and shoreline front lifestyle pulling in people to the city and making constructive force in the property market.
Facts About Mackay:
1. It has the traits of a modern city with a history. There are more than 250 shops and organisations in the city, including banks and hotels.
2. If you are possessed with the frontier days of the range, a trek to Green-mount Homestead is certainly recommended.
3. Feel close to the chronicled scenery of Mackay by following the Heritage Walk. You’ll find a hotel made in 1889 that slaked the thirst of numerous upsetting and prepared wood cutters for almost more than a century.
4. Its nearness to the Great Barrier Reef and a part of the world’s most prized rain-backwoods makes it a travel destination for an extensive number of vacationers.
5. The city has recently encountered a secretive change by technique for an intriguing community arts venture. Including more than 580 bits of workmanship, the general point portrays the biological magnificence of the Natural North.